If you believe that you or someone else has been subjected to sexual exploitation, you may report that concern to:
- the rector or clergy person in charge of the congregation
- the Senior Warden of the congregation
- The Bishop
- Safe Church Coordinator (The Rev. Debra Warwick-Sabino)
A report may be made via:
- Telephone call
- In-person meeting
- Filing a “Notice of Concern” and/or
- Diocesan Website (limited e-mail access to the Diocesan Intake Officer for Safe Church)
Anyone in a position of ministerial leadership is required to report any suspected or known policy violations to the rector or clergy person in charge of the congregation.
What happens next?
All complaints of sexual exploitation will be reviewed by the bishop.
If it is determined that a fact-finding investigation is necessary, it will be launched promptly.
Will the report be confidential?
The Church will protect the confidentiality of the allegations to the extent possible; however, no individual can be promised or guaranteed strict or absolute confidentiality. For example, information may have to be disclosed to those officials and/or Church Personnel with a need to know in order to carry out the purpose and intent of this Policy.
Corrective or disciplinary action will be taken against any Church Personnel found to have engaged in sexual exploitation. Such action may include counseling and/or appropriate disciplinary measures, up to and including termination.
* Name 3 people a report to whom a report may be made.
* Are you required to make a report if you suspect sexual exploitation?
Next: Click on Forms and Diocesan Policy