- is accessible,
- will meet the requirements set forth by your diocese or organization,
- will enable you to do the ministry in your church or organization that you have been called to do, and
- will help us all work together to create safer churches.
After you complete the course you will receive a Certificate of Training. Take the Certificate of Training to the person in your church or organization that keeps such records.
Please be sure that your church or organization keeps the record on file since we do not keep the certificates on file after one year.
Cost: There is a fee of $5.00 for each course. You will be able to pay using PayPal or a credit card when you choose the course you wish to take.
A note about me: My name is Debra+ Warwick-Sabino. I am an Episcopal priest in the Diocese of Northern California and the rector of a parish. I have worked with victims of abuse and exploitation over the last 20 years in a variety of ways including:
- mediating settlements
- developing church policy
- conflict resolution in churches facing allegations of abuse or exploitation
- working with the California legislature to pass a law that included clergy as mandated reporters of child abuse AB3354 approved in 1996).
I know that sometimes trainings such as these can bring up uncomfortable emotions. If you need to take a break, do so. No matter what has happened in your life, remember you are never out of reach of the embrace of the Holy One.
Churches play a vital role in our society and you are doing your part to maintain that place of holy sanctuary, a place set apart as an sacred oasis in a complicated world.
Next: Click on the name of your diocese or organization.